I recently read an article on InjuryBoard called “Death In the Family – What to Do When a Loved One Dies”. I think that this article carries a good message for all of those who have Lost someone Near and Dear to their Hearts.
Death is a difficult thing to deal with. There is an extemely big gap to deal with when a Loved One is there one day and is gone the next… never to return again. The article walks you through some steps to deal with the overwhelming grief that comes with Death.
1) Decide on a funeral home and Speak to the Director.
2) Gather your loved one’s important papers and advise your loved one’s attorney of the death.
3) Contact the Social Security Administration (if your funeral director hasn’t already.)
4) Contact all insurance companies and notify them of the policyholder’s death.
5) Contact the Veteran’s Administration if your relative was a member of the armed services.
These steps must be taken care of before you can finally slow down long enough to pull yourself through the hard times. Also, try not to forget that there are others dealing with the same grief you are and that you don’t have to do it alone.
Again, don’t forget to check it out for more in depth details on the steps and how to cope.