A Caldwell County woman, 30, was taken to Vanderbilt Medical Hospital Sunday evening after her vehicle crashed underneath a tractor-trailer on Interstate 24.
She was traveling west on Interstate 24 when she crossed the median near the Oak Grove exit.
The driver of the oncoming tractor-trailer was unable to avoid the accident, but he was not injured in the crash. The woman has been listed in critical condition.
The InjuryBoard Help Center recommends the following 7 Steps at the Scene of an accident:
1. Assess your own injuries first
2. Check passengers and other vehicles for injuries
3. Get safely off the road — avoid secondary accidents
4. Get the medical attention you need on the scene
5. Report facts when asked — if confused or upset, wait to give a statement
6. Contact your insurance agent or agency
7. Collect as much information as possible while still on the scene
For more information on tractor-trailer accidents, please refer to our help center.